Reports To: President, Board of Trustees
General Purpose of Job:
This position is a part time, paid position to assist the Hilliard Education Foundation in five key areas:
- General Financial and Administrative functions
- Fundraising activities
- Marketing program
- Scholarship Program
- Grants program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
General Financial & Administrative Activities: This positions works with the Foundation’s Executive Committee to assist with the general financial and administrative functions of Foundation including the mission and goals of the organization. General expectations of the Administrative Operations Coordinator include:
- Attend the monthly Foundation Board meetings (4thWednesday each month) and annual Board Retreat
- Participate as a non-voting member of the Finance Committee
- Coordinate the financial statement review process with the Vice President and external Bookkeeper. Facilitate delivering materials to the Bookkeeper, as well as assisting the Treasurer with bank statement reconciliation and resolution of statement issues
- Maintain up-to-date financial records in the Foundation’s database
- Deposit all income to the appropriate banking institution and complete proper paperwork for all transactions
- Compile and organize financial data for the Annual Report and the annual budget
- Assist Bookkeeper with information needed to complete year-end tax forms, including the 990 and 1099-Misc
- Monitor general email accounts and phone message center. Respond to general inquiries for information, forwarding requests as necessary.
Fundraising Events: Work with the Event Committee Chairperson(s) and Committee members to:
- Track and process all financial transactions related to fund-raising events, including;
- Income from ticket sales, auction items, table sponsors, and other fundraising activities associated with the event
- Expenses associated with the fundraising activity
- Provide financial updates to the event chairperson(s) and committee during the event planning process, as well as a post-event summary
- Set up website link for attendee and sponsor registration
- Assist with coordinating event activities related to ticket sales, such as seating/table assignments, attendee lists,nametags, event-day Will Call, and delivery of tickets to event sponsors
- Assist with event mailings (ie, print labels, coordinate supplies & postage).
Marketing Program: Work with the Marketing Committee Chairperson(s) and Committee members to:
- Assist with mailings (ie, print labels, coordinate supplies & postage)
- Process membership applications, including fulfillment of membership packets, renewal notifications and payments
- Respond to, and forward as necessary, email inquiries regarding the membership program
- Maintain and update membership information in the database
- Distribute marketing and membership materials to PTO’s, schools, local area businesses, etc
- Coordinate printing of materials
- Provide assistance with preparation of materials for special events.
Scholarship Program: Work with the Scholarship Committee Chairperson(s) and Committee members to:
- Facilitate the organization and distribution of all designated scholarship applications to Hilliard high schools, as the scholarship requirements and timing dictate
- Document all scholarship awards in the database. Maintain up-to-date files of all scholarship documentation
- Facilitate the award notifications to the scholarship winners and to the donors
- Process payment requests from scholarship winners. Forward payment to appropriate party
- Provide Marketing Committee with appropriate information for any related press releases.
Grants Program: Work with the Grants Committee Chairperson(s) and Committee members to:
- Process grants payment requests from the Grants Process Facilitator. Forward payment to appropriate vendor, teacher or school.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized and detailed
- Excellent people skills, capable of working with all Board members, members of the school district, Foundation constituents and contributors, and the Hilliard community at large
- Knowledge of basic financial, accounting and budgeting principles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Access. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Average number of working hours is 10 hours per month, subject to seasonal variation
- Vehicle required
- Computer and internet access required.